Thursday, July 9, 2020

The Corner I Waited To See Her


From the corner I longed
To see her blessed face
But the "goodbye" text
Was a punch in the gut 
early that morning

Nerves froze like ice.
Emotionally paralyzed
My mind couldn't think.
It couldn't comprehend-
What went wrong
Was it a fault of mine?
No it couldn't be! 

Everything was perfect
Or did it just seem perfect?

I was numb
My head my heart my toes
Isolation and darkness became my friends
Depression was invited too
Life was paralytic
Where prayers seemed futile
And time teased my hopes

It was a Sunday
I went to church, her church
gathered courage and puffed my chest
I put a "brave-man" mask

Inside I was a melting ice cream
My heart beat -
To the rhythm of the drum
Waited an eternity
On my bike,
In the corner,
Covering my "brave-man" mask 
With a pitch black helmet

As she came out
I started in her direction
But soon I knew
She'd come around
And all she needed was time
Just the way I needed
For as time teases, time also heals

Lest should it ever happen again-
This forbidden departure
Of a bond of true friendship,
Know that I will long for you,
Wait for you-
A thousand times over.

-Sumith

(EC:Mona sharon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Corner I Waited To See Her

From the corner I longed To see her blessed face But the "goodbye" text Was a punch in the gut  early that morning Nerves ...